sábado, 31 de octubre de 2015

Important person for me

In this post I will write about a person that has marked my process in the university studies. 

This person is Igancio Martín-Baró. Before of I study psychology, I found in my house a book about his life. I was very moved for his history. After was a surprise for me know that this men before has been psychologist. 



Ignacio Martín-Baró was social psychologist and Jesuit priest. He born in Spain in 1930, however when he was a young, in 1959, he travelled to live in a little country of Latin-America, in Salvador. There he was a short time until that he returned in 1966 for dedicate his life to be whit the people of Salvador in the difficult situation of the country; they we was in this moment in a civil war. 

Concurrently he was accomplished your ecclesiastic functions, he studied psychology, there he discovered the social psychology, without know that before he will be a principal exponent of this area. 
I admire to Ignacio Martín-Baró because he was a valiant person. He had not concern for speak and denounce the crimes of the country. He was the voice of many people that had not voice. 

The war go troughed his life so much, to such a level of lost his life in the war. 

What impacted me a lot when I read the book about life It was the phrase: “The challenge is not limited to addressing the destruction and disorders caused by the war. The challenge is to construct a new person in a new society.”

2 comentarios: